CEO & Principal Forensic Fire Examiner / Electrical Engineer
Greg Kelly is one of Australia's most experienced and respected Forensic Examiners. A specialist in the area of fire origin and cause determination, Greg has examined more than 3000 fires during his career.
Greg began his career as an electrical engineer before he joined the NSW Police in 1981, and became a qualified police Crime Scene Examiner/Detective and Criminal Intelligence Analyst. Greg went on to be head of fire investigation at the NRMA, before establishing GKA Investigations in 1997.
A leading authority on fire investigation, Greg has been accepted as a Court qualified expert at all Court levels across Australia. Greg has lectured at the NSW Police Arson Course, the Canberra Institute of Technology's Forensic Science Course, as well as at a range of other insurance and industry body events. Greg regularly writes for Electrical Connection Magazine and is also one of the developers of the Certificate in Fire Investigation, now taught at Charles Sturt University.
During his career Greg has continued to develop his skill base, completing a large number of specialist courses, gaining numerous tertiary qualifications and holding a wide range of professional credentials. These include:
- Advanced Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Associate Diploma in Community Studies (Police & Corrections)
- Credit Grade Trade Certificate in Electrical Fitting and Mechanics
- Certificates in Police Draftsmanship and Intermediate Representation Techniques
- Forensic Qualifications in Blood Splash Pattern Interpretation
- NSW Police Crime Scene Examiners' Course
- NSW Police Advanced Crime Scene Examiners' Course
- NSW Police Arson Course
- NSW Police Qualified Criminal Intelligence Analyst
- Tasmania Police Arson Course
- Licensed Electrical Contractor
- Fellow of The Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance
- Member of the National Electrical and Communications Association (NECA)
- Member of the Institution of Engineers Australia in the Electrical Division
Greg continues to conduct scene examinations himself and has an unwavering passion for establishing the truth. Greg enjoys working with a team of other leading experts and mentoring the next generation of Forensic Examiners